Dare to Up Your Averages?
Now that the start of the year is here, there is no better time to set a challenge for yourself.
We recently saw a study which showed that an average sales rep will
- Make 33 dials and send 33 emails a day
- Attain 6.3 quality conversations per day
At Sales Icon Coaching we preach about how the key to sales is consistency of activity. The activity that goes into prospecting will be returned in results – we reap what we sew!
So why not set yourself a prospecting challenge for the new year. I’ll be setting this challenges of myself and raising it with everyone whom I work with.
I’m vowing, along with all of my other commitments to make 1,000 phones calls to prospects in January…care to join me? What have you got to lose?
If you’re up for the challenge then
- Write down your goal – how many phone calls do you want to make?
- Place this number in clear sight on your desk so that you see it every moment of the day
- Tally the calls you make as and when you make them
- At the end of every day or week subtract the number of calls from the goal to see your progress and distance from meeting the challenge
Do me one favour…make sure to be ambitious with yourself. Often our psychology is our biggest barrier, our self-doubt causes us to fail before we’ve even started. Instead be ambitious with your goal, make it challenging yet attainable. If you can prove to yourself that this month you can make a personal best number of calls then it will empower you to do more in future months.
I ask nothing more from you, as I said, what have you got to lose?
Conduct the challenge and the results will flood in over the next few weeks and months.
Good luck, and do message me directly and let me know how you’re getting on!